Quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LooseInk, Mar 17, 2007.

1. LooseInk macrumors newbie

I'm starting to find I'm getting frustrated with my Quicktime program. According to the registered copy I am running on my MacBook Pro it's as up-to-date as it can get, but I still find I'll be either on a webpage or downloading something that will just show up as the 'Q' logo with a question mark in the centre.

I'm guessing it's not reading the actual format of the item I'm trying to view. I did check my preferences/settings for Quicktime and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Any ideas?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Have you installed appropriate codecs? I'd suggest Perian and Flip4Mac at minimum.

3. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

Normally you get that if the video your downloading is no long available/can't be found or if the server is too busy and it timesout

4. LooseInk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm, I have Flip4Mac, but it appears to be an un-registered copy so maybe it's expired.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You only need to register if you intend to create WMVs. This should have nothing to do with your problem.

Word to the wise: Anytime you need help with a website or a feature on a website, you need to provide a link. You cannot expect help if we can't duplicate your problem.

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I don't really know where my idea came from, but I suggest u

install new flash player from adobe. sometimes the embeded flash has quicktime video at back end, in that case, u need new flash player installed.

7. LooseInk thread starter macrumors newbie

That's all it took! I had to re-install Flash Player.

Thanks!