Quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Littlegeek, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Littlegeek macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have an iMac with the latest version of Quicktime, Media Player, etc. When I try to view the Yahoo videos (from the daily news) sometimes I can view them, sometimes not. When they don't play, all I can see is the Quicktime icon and it tells me I'm missing a plug in. I've downloaded everything from the site and it still doesn't let me view the videos consistently.

Does anyone know what I need?

2. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Flip4Mac. Converts most different formats to quicktime. Can't beat it imop.:)

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Check out the Flip4Mac plug-in for windows media files and Perian for divx and a dozen other file types. I'd also recommend downloading the VLC player, which is an alternative to Quicktime.

4. Littlegeek thread starter macrumors newbie

I use that. Specifically, I'm talking about when I open my browswer to the Yahool home page. On the left side are several news videos of the day. When I try to view those is when it sporadically plays/doesn't play. I just want them to play withouth having to do any conversion. Thanks.

5. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

huh. Are you using Safari web browser? I don't have any trouble with those video clips.