Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2003
First of all, this software is all the updated, stable, final release.

In iChat AV, I was trying to send an image to someone. In the Mac Help it says to simply drag the image into the text box area. Wow, that sounds simple. I attempt this. I let go of the image in the text box and I get a beep and the image is not placed. What is up?

In Safari, I was trying to download the Flash MX 2004 demo from Macromedia. The download manager quits at some point in the 98MB download, the manager says that the "download decoding failed." I then have to try again. This is QUITE BOTHERSOME.

These piss me off to no end. All of the sudden in a large download "DOWNLAOD DECONING AFAILED LOLOLOL STARD ALL OVER AND GO TO HELL TOO, LUSER."

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Adre said:
First of all, this software is all the updated, stable, final release.

In iChat AV, I was trying to send an image to someone. In the Mac Help it says to simply drag the image into the text box area. Wow, that sounds simple. I attempt this. I let go of the image in the text box and I get a beep and the image is not placed. What is up?

In Safari, I was trying to download the Flash MX 2004 demo from Macromedia. The download manager quits at some point in the 98MB download, the manager says that the "download decoding failed." I then have to try again. This is QUITE BOTHERSOME.

These piss me off to no end. All of the sudden in a large download "DOWNLAOD DECONING AFAILED LOLOLOL STARD ALL OVER AND GO TO HELL TOO, LUSER."

What Safari is trying to tell you is that it downloaded the file successfully, but the file is corrupt and could not be decoded/decompressed. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. E-mail the webmaster of the site you downloaded the file from and let them know you're having problems with the download. They can fix it for you (and everyone else).

As to your iChat question, I don't use iChat, so perhaps someone else can step in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.