Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
Hi,

I have 5 email accounts setup in Mail (for OSX).

On one of them, when I send a message, in my sent box it says "The message from YABBA <YABBA@NNNNN.ca> concerning “Subject Here” has not been downloaded from the server. You need to take this account online in order to download it.

I've checked this account (let's call it the yabba account) and all the settings are the same as the other 4. All the other accounts get the messages put into the sent file. This one doesn't.

I'm on DSL, so always online when I'm sending.

Any ideas?

fartheststar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Toronto
Ok, that was weird. Fixed my problem by removing the account and then adding it again.

Once I added it again, and tried to send from that account, it kept the item in the "out" box, and woudln't send.

I restarted mail and that fixed it, the message went through (and tried a couple more) and they are now saved in the sent folder.

This is as close to a windows experience that I've had on the mac. But hey, if it's just a hiccup now and then, I'm still WAY better off.

Loving my mac.

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Did this just happen in the last 24 hours? My Mail account was acting up, too. It asked me for my password (which it never does) and, after entering it, I was told that it was incorrect. Checked Keychain and everything seemed okay. Then, I tried to access my Mail from within .Mac. Their servers were down and Mail was "currently unavailable."

Maybe your situation was related to that. Then again, we're on opposite sides of the planet. Maybe the servers would be different.

Squire

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.