Quite a pickle of a situation... (refund on Mac mini)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattthemutt, Jan 3, 2006.

  1. mattthemutt macrumors regular

    mattthemutt

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2004
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #1
    I have a situation... I will receive a pair of Mac Minis, one for me, and one for my brother tomorrow. My brother has decided he doesn't want his, and it is a custom configured model (cannot be returned). If Steve releases a new one on the tenth, I can get a refund, and get an upgrade. The question is, can I plug in and use my Mac Mini, and still get the refund? (BTW I called Apple and they said they would allow the return of the custom config. model if there is a new one)


    Thanks!
     
  2. chopsuey158 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2004
    Location:
    USA
    #2
    I'm not sure, but if you don't figure it out it's only a week you'd have to wait. I'd say hold off and be safe unless you know that you can return it even if it's used.
     
  3. mattthemutt thread starter macrumors regular

    mattthemutt

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2004
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    #3
    And I guess I can call Apple again...
    (thanks for the reply)
     
  4. MRU macrumors demi-god

    MRU

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2005
    Location:
    Ireland
    #4
    If your brother hasn't recieved his. then when you do receive simply call up apple and tell them you are returning it and demand an RMA code. Do not open the package, leave it intact.

    You should'nt have a problem.
     
  5. topgunn macrumors 65816

    topgunn

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2004
    Location:
    Texas
    #5
    Or you can refuse the package when it arrives.
     

Share This Page