Quite external HD enclosure?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smknappy, Feb 4, 2004.

1. smknappy macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm looking for an external hard drive enclosure (usb 2.0 and / or firewire) with the primary concern being that it is quite. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    you want something without a fan, i have a weibetech, you can still here it but its still relatively quiet, i reocmend it highly

3. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better

anyway- get an enclosure without a fan. plus, the drive can make quite a lot of noise, and not be very quiet. if you do not have the drive yet, look for quite the quiet one.

4. Souljas macrumors regular

hey, virividox do u know any places or cheap online stores where i could get these enclosures, ive looked quite hard to find a cheAp one but no luck so far :(

5. smknappy thread starter macrumors member

6. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    well if your looking for cheap weibetech isnt really the place to buy from, or la cie. you pay a premium for the quality. sorry i cant refer you toa cheaper enclusure maker, but weibetech makes empty enclosures

http://www.wiebetech.com/home.html

7. Hackcomic.com macrumors regular

Did you find any cheap ones for firewire? I want to take my 60gig internal out of my old G3 and use it externally for my new G5 for backup.

8. smknappy thread starter macrumors member

Some decent deals here: http://www.compgeeks.com/products.asp?cat=CAS#Drive Cases

You could also check newegg, ebay, etc...