quote 'Apple promotes Godless Darwinism!'

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Pants, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Pants macrumors regular

2. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

OMG can that really be serious? Lets see, I think that guy has had way to many mind altering experiences in his life. Either that or he has to be the absolute dumbest human that has ever walked the face of the earth. Man, I cannot imagine what it would feel like to be that mind numbingly stupid.

3. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

Piggly Wiggly

What does this guy have against Piggly Wiggly. IT is a great supermarket.

4. Pants thread starter macrumors regular

Re: Piggly Wiggly

if nothing else 'Piggly Wiggly's name beats the socks off the kind of names supermarkets get over here! :)
    i cant imagine Sainsburys or Tesco selling a 'sports collectable"!

http://pigestore.pigglywiggly.com/sports_collectibles.html

:)

5. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

It boggles the mind to think that someone could be that moronic. I couldn't handle much after his statements about Darwin under OS X...

I bet that his brother is also his father and uncle... :D

Just call him Inbred Fred :D

6. spinner macrumors regular

I agree with AlphaTech. This guy definitely has a cousin Dad.

7. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Hmmmmmm...................

I wonder if we could get this nut to testify on M$'s behalf??:D ;)

8. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

This is great.

I couldn't agree more with this guy's views. It is a view that has been long missing from the computing industry. I move that we call the underpinnings of OS X Eden. Our new slogan should be "Think God." And the thought that Apple has been embracing "Open Source" (ie communism) has long troubled me. The core of Apple's OS should be known only to Apple and God.

Though I do think we should keep the company logo the Apple with the bite taken from it. It should be an eternal reminder of humankinds inherant tendancy to sin and how we should always try to improve ourselves and be closer to God. Well, either that or make the logo a cross, which is the other obvious choice.

Finally a man bold enough to try add sanity to the otherwise insane and blasphemous world of computing.

Thank you, Dr. Paley.

Taft

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

RE: the Apple logo

Apple's logo was a reference to the original "Newton's Apple" company name.

10. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Original article.

If you read the original article by Paley, you'll see some even more hilarious items. My favorites are the addendums. He attacks:

-Hexly, the mascot of Darwin who happens to be a platypus in a devils suit.

-Richard Dawkins, who happens to be an Apple fan and wrote much on evolution (which Paley HATES!!).

-BSD Unix which has daemons. Tee-hee. This is my favorite one. Us computer science pagans are horrible spellers and really meant demons which are little programs that "lurk" in the background and do things to your computer. Would you want a computer that operates thusly? Heh-heh.

-And BSD again, which apparently has a command line (similar to DOS), in which you must type a "secret code" to unlock certain files. Whats the code you ask? 'chmod 666'

Haaahahaha! This is the most entertaining site I've ever seen. I also learned that I'm an anti-Christian zealot, which I never realized while being raised Methodist. Dr. Paley must know better than I, though. He just seems so dang intelligent.

Taft

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The worst thing is that because we all find him entertaining, he's getting exactlywhat he wants, attention. Its sad, I've seen this before on a project I worked with called HAARP. Go do a search on HAARP and mind control on google and be amazed.

12. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Demi-God and Macrumors.

Don't anyone point Dr. Paley to MacRumors. The fact that arn uses the *ahem* pagan Demi-god and god status would really help prove his theory.

And dukestreet, your right in that he probably wants attention, but its just too dang funny to pass up. I mean this stuff is priceless. The Onion couldn't write a better fictional stereotypical crazy-paranoid zealot. A case of real life being funnier than fiction.

Taft

13. iGav macrumors G3

Apple should sue the guy.......That'd give him attention!!!

Another prime example of 'Religion being Good for you!!'

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: Demi-God and Macrumors.

As one with pagan status here on MacRumors, I'd have to agree that Dr. Paley would find more than he'd need to add another addendum to his list if he had the opportunity to visit the site.

And he's a Dr. of what? Probably self given title, that.

The Onion, which is a great site too, goes to show that if you really can't pretend to act/think like a nut. You have to have been given the gift which Dr. Paley is just one more case study here.

15. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

The guy is an ass, pure and simple. Some people can't grasp the notions of tolerance or acceptance, so they write tripe like this in what I imagine to be quite a successful attempt to rally fellow ignorant fundamentalists to their cause. It's guys like this that keep me away from church. I have no beef with God, mind you, just his fan club. Let's all have our laugh, because I know I had mine. Done? Good. Now proceed to ignore this jerk off and his ilk. Rant over.

16. chmorley macrumors 6502a

chmorley

Funny

The irony is just stunning. Seems like any time a group (or individual) organizes to defend themselves (e.g., the "anti-Christian" group this clown seems to belong to), they end up attacking others. I guess this makes some sense--at least inasmuch as it has become predictable--but it's still ironic. It's akin to organizing a group against hatred and then spewing nasty things about the offending parties.

It's also funny how this guy makes up his mind based on the inclusion of the word "Darwin". I think jobs would laugh at anyone who questioned whether or not he was a capitalist. Thing is, though, capitalism is darwinian (when it works right).

Anyway, I guess I am a godless communist. I never knew.

Chris

17. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

In case you guys haven't been updated... this turned out to be another hoax site, just as suspected. :) According to others who looked into the site MUCH more than I did, the "doctor's" email address is not valid and the church does not exist in the Baptist church register.

Just FYI. :)

18. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

One more thing...

IT may or may not be, actually. I grew up southern baptist. It's the largest protestant denomination in the country. I learned that just because a church says it's a baptist church doesn't mean it's affiliated with the southern baptist convention. It is quite possible (in fact quite likely) that this is an independent church with the term baptist in its name. If this is the case you would find no record of it in any baptist register. And I thnk we all know that a busted e-mail address doesn't add up to much these days. Might have been his communistic linux server going down. ;) I'm not trying to start an argument here, just pointing out a rhetorical hole. That's all.

19. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

20. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

You're right, Hemingray. It is sad to think that someone might actually do this. I think you're right about it being a fake. I did a little research of my own and it seems to support the link you posted. Sick stuff indeed.

21. Smasher macrumors newbie

Interesting...

I'm surprised many people think/thought this was a serious site. It's too extreme without being dark or actually saying bad things (aka "kill all non-christians" or s*** like that) to be someone's opinion. Take the quiz on his site, and look at the first question... I think it's just impossible for anyone to believe the "correct" answer (How long can humans survive without oxygen? A: Three minutes B: Ten minutes C: Thirty minutes D: Three days. Take a wild guess which one it was:p) Plus, as someone noted, it looks a lot like the writing at The Onion:p

22. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Re: Interesting...

I have to disagree with you on that one... not all extreme views involve being "dark", such as killing. You really can't determine a person's opinion being true or not just by that. Opinions are so widely varied! This site could have easily been just as legitimate as any other, and that's the scary part. There really ARE people who believe stuff like that. (I've heard the Pokémon thing more than once, and from actual people, not hoax sites. That's what the hoax sites base some of their content on.)

23. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Hmmm....

I'm still not convinced this is a hoax. If it is, its the most elaborate hoax I've ever seen.

Did you read the article by "Diamond" Jack Holgroth, Game Theoretician? There is a lot of effort put into that article and its pretty accurate from a simplistic game theory standpoint and historically. A lot of work for a hoax.

Also, most of the links on the various pages are valid, even if the e-mail address isn't. And if the *links* pages are hoaxes, that just makes the site that much more elaborate.

I'm not the most sensitive person to sniff out satire and hoaxes, but this site has me going both ways. Its out-there and I can find no other referenses to the Mt. Fellowship Baptist Church. But in all other regards it appears valid. I mean who would create a hoax site in opposition to another parody site (Landover). If this is a hoax these guys are brilliant at what they do.

Side note...Have you ever seen the Lincoln Park Trixie site. http://www.lptrixie.com/home.asp It is (well, was, if this site is a hoax) the best parody/hoax I've ever seen. Very elaborate and wel done. The site seems to be down now, but I'm sure it'll be back up.

Taft

24. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

people like those creationists give us christians a really bad name

taking the unknown and try to stick with a decree of some backward pope who said the world was a few thousand years old!

of course, at that time, most christians believed the world was flat and i am glad that there is not a major christian flat earth group out there

when i talk about the bible, it is john 3:16, not some stupid unsupported thoery about a euro-centric world that came many years after the asians modernized it with science and technology

the chinese were charting the stars when the people following the pope's ancestors were living in caves

and in the middle east, near asia, there was a thriving culture way before the pope of rome and the huge power given him

but christianity is not to blame by bizarre thinking since the bible says nothing about some pope's declaration of a world created only a few thousand years ago

god created the world as we know of today, in my opinion, but thru evolution

just take a second and realize the incredible plan of evolution and then tell me it was just by chance...life is great but there is a higher power who had to get the "ball rolling" so to speak

evolution is a process of god...he is the network administrator of life and each new species is like an operating system update...including the bugs:p

25. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

There seems to be some question of whether this guy is a joke or a hoax. I dunno... if it's a joke he didn't go to much trouble to insert a punchline. Landover Baptist does a much better job of satirizing religious nutjobs.

The page that makes me think the guy is a joke is the "4 Kidz" page:
    http://207.67.219.101/objective/kidz.html

My favorite part:
    hee hee hee. :p