Räikkönen signs 3 year Ferrari contract

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Sep 10, 2006.

1. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

No real surprises there. It wasn't like he could go anywhere else, seeing as pretty much all the top seats in F1 have been filled already!
    It looks like next season is going to be a great one. I'm hoping that with the shuffle of drivers we'll have some great battles amongst the top-teams and drivers in 2007! Looking forward to it!

2. JFreak macrumors 68040

JFreak

How often can one choose between three best teams? Well, great times for us Finns -- now that Kimi has a Ferrari drive and Kovalainen finally got the Renault drive, there's a chance that two Finns are fighting for the title :D :D :D

Alonso might be a bitter boy next year. Or McLaren surprises us all. We'll see...

3. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I wonder, MacLaren seem to have found a second wind. But it will be great to see Kimi in a Ferrari, a team that will give him everything he needs to win it all.

4. link92 macrumors 6502

iGav, I just have to hug you for actually putting in the accents in his name :)

As for the actual contract, I think it'll be interesting to see him in a car that's actually reliable (or at least that's what the Ferrari normally has been).

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Hmm, I wonder what happens when you put two Finnish drivers with competitive cars into a cage and shake it up... :D
    Next year is going to be veeerry interestink...

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Kimi will certainly win the Championship now...Without Schu around he will be the fastest driver on the grid and have the best car under him.

Alonso is an outstanding driver but McLaren are not going to be able to give him a car that will compete with Ferrari and Renault (and possibly not Williams or Honda either) next season...

7. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Are you saying this because of Newey leaving? Hasn't he *NOT* been working on the McLaren for a while now yet they seem to be going better as of late.

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Slightly better, perhaps, but they have not yet come close to recovering the speed they had last season, when they had the fastest car in most races. Who knows, they may bounce back next season - but I'm not so sure. At any rate Alonso's skill can make up for a lot of the car's deficiencies, so he at least may be competitive, but not necessarily competitive for the Championship.