R any of these DVD burners compat with my Mac......HELP OR I'M GONNA SPACK OUT

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mrwonkers, Oct 31, 2004.

1. mrwonkers macrumors 6502

mrwonkers

R any of these DVD burners compat with my Mac......HELP OR I'M GONNA SPACK OUT

LiteOn LDW 812S 8X DVD+/-RW 8X +/- DVDRW
    LiteOn LDW 1213S 12X DVD+/-RW 12X +/- DVDRW
    LiteOn LDW 832S 8X Dual Layer 8X +/- DVDRW
    LiteOn LDW 1633S 16X Dual Layer DVD

I know Apple used to use lite-on cd burners in there G4 towers here in Australia for a while. I will be adding a burner to a G4 450 tower and desperately want to know if anybody is using or has installed one of the above drives into the same or simular model machine. :eek:

PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE HELP I NEED TO KNOW OR I MIGHT BURST A BLOOD VESSEL.

THanXX in AdvanCe
    rEgaRds mR WonKeRs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    G5 iMac 1.8Ghz 300Gb HDD 1GB RAM S/Drive......... ;)

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

The first two I believe are compatible. Check their website maybe?

There is no dual-layer support currently in OS X. And your G4 might be on the slow side to do iDVD work. Apple recommends a 733Mhz or faster G4.

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I'm pretty sure Lite-Ons pretty much work in anything. Though your 450 may be a hindrance in burning of movies.

You may want to look into http://macsales.com/ for the burners.

4. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502

if you have a dual layer dvd burner an want to burn dual layer you have to use toast but all the other burning from the drive is supported by disk utility and the other iApps

5. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

burning on my G4 450 DP is fast. I have the Pioneer DVR-107D drive though, and its not a dual layer burner though.

6. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

Just like PCs, any internal optical drive will work on a Mac. The issue is really just down to software. You can use Disk Utility, but we all know how crappy it tends to be. So, you'll likely want to use Toast. Roxio's site (http://www.roxio.com) has a list of burners that are compatible with Toast.

7. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus