R.I.P. Richard Biggs

Discussion in 'Community' started by Thomas Veil, May 23, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Richard Biggs, who played Dr. Stephen Franklin on Babylon 5, has passed away.

I just read the following in another forum:

2. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

His website is sure pissed about his death. I mean they must mention it like... oh wait... yeah...they dont.

Its always sad when a sci-fi star dies, because theyre the best kind of actors: They can say a whole bunch of goofy, made up words with straight faces.

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. If is was an aneurysm or a massive stroke, then chances are he never knew what happened. A lot of times the person has genetically caused weakness of an artery in the brain.
    :(

5. alxths macrumors 6502

Man that sucks... I'm in the process of enjoying his performances on Babylon 5 at the moment(almost done season 2) and this is definately going to give th enext couple of shows a different atmosphere..

6. Flickta macrumors 6502

...Just an actor. I said. Looking back at my short life (life is always too short, doesn't matter wether you are 80 or 44) I recall best moments and some of them are (being a TV-child just like all of you) connected with Babylon 5. And - though shamefully I can't recall his face - dr. Stephen Franklin is always there, on-board, trying to save the life of an alien boy...
    If I ever get religious, I'll pray for him.
    It is a sad news.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I saw an obit for him in the newspaper that was even more revealing than the biography on his own website.

Apparently he hailed from my part of the country -- Columbus, Ohio, to be exact. He didn't just act, he taught acting as well. And he was diagnosed with deafness at age 13 -- total in one ear, partial in the other. He learned sign language because his doctor told him that at some point in his life he'd be totally deaf. An interesting facet to his life that I never would have suspected.

8. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

No no no no, Im not doubting his death, Im saying its strange that his website wouldnt mention it.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

9. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

10. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Malkin over at MAF passed along this note:

If you're a Babylon 5 fan...see this video. It's beautiful, just beautiful.

And thanks to Malkin for sharing it with us.