Rachael Ray

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ClarkeB, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ClarkeB macrumors 6502

ClarkeB

Today was the premiere of Rachael Ray's new daytime show. On the show, a fan sent in a tape saying she had gotten tickets to the first show and wanted to see what she was going to cook, but unfortunately, she was pu on bedrest since she was 9 months pregnant! So, Rachael whipped out the 17" MacBook Pro and was like "Just because she's not here, doesn't mean she can't see what we're gonna make! We're just gonna have a lil iChat with her" and continued to use the term 'iChat" through the rest of the segment. It was a bit like Steve's chats over iChat at the keynotes but a bit less serious haha. It was really cool because it seems that Macs are now just becoming the norm for use anywhere and everywhere (for instances, syndicated shows touting their website use Safari to demonstarte it, etc.). Keep a look out for the show because I'm sure we'll see more Apple tech demonstrated on it (Apple Computer was listed in the credits for "Special Thanks" so...)

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Well...

RR has always notched in at a 8.7 on my Annoy-o-meter™.

Because of this.. she's dropped a full 2 points!

3. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i caught about 5 minutes of the show but didn't see this. i wonder if it'll stick around or get canceled.

she may be annoying but she sure can cook and she's not that bad to look at either.

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Ditto, I have removed Food channel from my channel lineup so that I don't accidently flipped to it and she her. :eek:

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Dare I ask, who is Rachel Ray? I've seen the annoying ads preceding her advent into syndicated t.v. and the show apparently started today but I have no clue about her.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Probably more than you want to know :)
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/rachael_ray/

7. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I agree. My wife just has to watch her show twice a day everyday. Her voice really gets on my nerves. I'd rather watch it with the sound muted.

8. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I never found her to be attractive. beauty, beholder, etc.
    My wife loves her and watches her all the time, which probably adds at least 2 points to my Annoy-O-Meter™.

9. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

The nerve of some folk.

This is Rachel Ray.

[​IMG]

Here is an entire community dedicated to discussing how much she sucks. Fittingly, the "Rachel Ray Sucks Community." So far as I can tell, she does not, in reality, suck community.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yeah, she is annoying as hell, but she's pretty hot, so you can just hit Mute and look.

11. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

I think she's sexy. I can think of a lot of ways of how I'd like to hear her voice.

[​IMG]

12. vega07 macrumors 65816

oh come on guys, she's not that bad.

her voice is raspy I must say but her shows are entertaining.

13. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I'm not a violent guy but Rachael Ray is one of those people I would push into traffic if I saw them on the street. Her voice and snort laughs drive me crazy. Bobby Flay is another Food Network personality I'd like to punch in the back of the head - cocky sob. That said, it's always good to see Apple products used on high-profile shows.

14. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I agree with ya! Bobby Flay and Rachael Ray, not so much.. but ALTON BROWN? I love that man!!

15. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

A post about spotting a Mac on TV...has MR been replaced with Amiga Usenet groups from the 90's?

Spooky.

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Well, that's certainly wonderful. I wondered who the annoying girl behind the counter at Macy's was. ;)

I don't have regular cable right now but the last time I watched Food Network, it seemed as though a lot of the shows were filler. It also seemed as though the people were congratulating themselves, probably because no one else cared. HGTV seems similar. Maybe, they should combine and have real, meaty shows. Perhaps, that would require The Animal Channel, too.

17. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, Alton Brown is definitely the best/most entertaining personality on the food network. BTW, he's a Mac guy. :)

18. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

I'll admit that I actually like what she cooks on 30 minute meals. Stuff I'd actually want to eat, which is more then I can say for some of the other shows. Yeah, she can get kind of annoying, but thats what the remote is for. Got to agree Alton is the ultimate gear head nerd of the cooking network.

Oh bother...

19. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Alton B. rocks. The man is so entertaining to watch and is so well informed. Even my 9 yr. old nephew loves to watch him

Other Food Network folks I like:

Barefoot Contessa: Ina Garten has great tasty recipes but they are all pretty heavy in fats - which is why they are so tasty. It bugs me a bit though that she breaths so heavily between sentences. It makes me realize how unhealthy the food she is making can be in the long run. My wife calls her "the heavy breather lady."

Everyday Italian: Great easy Italian meals by Giada De Laurentiis - film director Dino De Laurentiis' daughter. Because of Giada's wide-eyed have crazed smiley look (and other attributes) my wife calls her "toothy/breasty lady."

20. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

AB is a really nice guy.. my wife and I met him a couple years ago.

21. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

RR is hot plus she can cook....yumm chocolate.

The Emrald guy is entertaining...BAM!

Bless

22. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Wow, those people need to get a life! Stop whining about why you don't like someone and actually do some good for a change. Now THAT is annoying.

Personally I like Rachael Ray and don't think she's annoying ... although I could see how people could think she is. I like her because she's realistic, cooks things realistically and ... is actually nice, imagine that. You can tell she enjoys her job just based on the comments she makes under her breath, well, at least I think she does.

23. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Because people don't lie to the camera.. :rolleyes: ;)

Though I won't dispute that she does seem to like her job. But ****.. does she need a million shows? Doesn't she need to sleep? And/or shut the hell up?

24. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

She was at a 12/10 for annoyance, she can go down to a 9.5/10 now. I don't mind her unless she's talking.

They should cancel her 42 Food network shows and replace them with more Alton Brown. Anyone else watch Feasting on Asphault? I only caught the last half or so of the series - I was in the middle of moving most of the summer, so no TiVo. It looks like it's coming to DVD (or already is?) so I have to get it on my Netflix list! That was a neat/fun program, very interesting, informative, and entertaining... just like Good Eats.

25. shecky Guest

shecky

QFT++