Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robotrenegade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2002
Greenville,SC
I'm looking for a Rack Enclosure for my G5. I'm looking for a rack mount for my G5, extra harddrives and room for later on for a xserve. I would like it to have fans and whatever to keep it nice a cool and clean from my cats.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
I'm looking for a Rack Enclosure for my G5. I'm looking for a rack mount for my G5, extra harddrives and room for later on for a xserve. I would like it to have fans and whatever to keep it nice a cool and clean from my cats.

Are you looking to rack the G5 or just put it in a box? And what's your price range for this? Marathon makes G5 rackmount solutions, a new one is supposed to be out soon that deals with the handles so you can mount it sideways like the old G3/G4 towers.

If you are looking for an enclosure, check out Middle Atlantic or you can look for acoustic enclosures which block out fan noise and other sound. Those get expensive though.

gbojim

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2002
The easy answer to this is you can use any rack enclosure. You can use a Marathon unit to mount the G5 or just set it on a shelf. If you do not get a shelf for the G5, you will need one for your other items. Rack enclosures range widely in price, but an enclosed 4 post unit with exhaust fans and doors will definitely cost a few hundred dollars.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.