Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
The marathon rack is ugly. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. The APC rack is okay, but these are my favorite:
Dell Rack
rack_4210.jpg

with the 1 RU LCD console
rack_monitor_small.jpg

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
I'll post some pictures of the APC rack with an Xserve in it and see if that doesn't change your mind. ;)

BTW: Congrats on the kid! :D

skymaXimus

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2003
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I'll post some pictures of the APC rack with an Xserve in it and see if that doesn't change your mind. ;)

BTW: Congrats on the kid! :D

that doesn't prove anything.
everything looks better w/ an apple product in, on, or around it.

NavyIntel007

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
Tampa, FL
I could think of a nice rack for an X-serve... ;)

(o)(o)

No but seriously, you can get these 19" racks anywhere. This is nothing new.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
True, true...:D :cool:

something about XServes just makes me drool, lol. they are the coolest looking apple computers, IMO, after laptops that is. especially a bunch in a rack! :cool:

MeanE

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by Shadowfax
something about XServes just makes me drool, lol. they are the coolest looking apple computers, IMO, after laptops that is. especially a bunch in a rack! :cool:

Too bad for the most part that rack servers are stuck in a room where you would rarely see them.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by MeanE
Too bad for the most part that rack servers are stuck in a room where you would rarely see them.

this is true, but going into a server room is the coolest experience. i imagine it would be hell to do every day, but man, all the lights and wires, the often-dim lighting, the hum and buzz of silicon hard at work... very sweet!

MeanE

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by Shadowfax
this is true, but going into a server room is the coolest experience. i imagine it would be hell to do every day, but man, all the lights and wires, the often-dim lighting, the hum and buzz of silicon hard at work... very sweet!

I used to do it every day but weekends. You definitely would not want to stay/work in one. I can still remember the time I was there the big emergency air conditioner in the corner came on and scared the heck out of me (it never goes on).....but it was worth it to go stand in front of and get frozen (mmm freoney goodness) ;)

On a big side note I remember when the guys next door proceeded to kill the normal air conditioner and the backup....I have never seen(felt?) a room rise in temperature so fast ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.