Radeon 9600 in Updated Powerbooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Code101, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Code101 macrumors newbie

Has anyone herd anything about the new Radeon 9600 chip. Will the updated powerbooks have it? It's the first chip that is .13 for a notebook.

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Re: Radeon 9600 in Updated Powerbooks?

I think the simple fact that every prediction of the Powerbooks being released next Tuesday for the last 8 months means one thing. That no one has any reliable information about the next update to the Powerbooks or iBooks.

3. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Re: Re: Radeon 9600 in Updated Powerbooks?

Agreed. Think Secret (I think) posted specs awhile back saying they were putting nVIDIA chips in, but they also said the updated PowerBooks would definitely be released that week.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Re: Re: Re: Radeon 9600 in Updated Powerbooks?

How many times have we heard that PowerBook updates are imminent. I've been waiting for an update for many months now to buy one and I'm running out of patience!

5. Golem macrumors 6502

Hmmm new 17'' imac Gforce 5200 Ultra
    1.6 G5 Gforce 5200 Ultra
    1.8 G5 Gforce 5200 Ultra

"If" they bring a pbook out next week what do you reckon they would go with?

6. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i posted a thread about vid card info here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?threadid=37502

i don't know which vid cards are better for what reason and am curious about who makes the best, and whats the difference in the models. if anyone has info i'd appreciate... i am also speculating on what kind of vid cards could come in on new powerbooks...i just want to know what to look for and when they get here how they compare to what else is out there.