Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SickCat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
NYC
I'm hoping someone can help me understand this...I have a dual 2Ghz G5 with a new Radeon 9800 Pro SE card in it. I have an Olevia 32" LCD TV to plug into it. I would like to run the thing in wide screen at a resolution of 1280 x 720 using DVI instead of VGA. I have a PC with an OEM card in it that'll do this, and the 9800 in the mac will do it using VGA, BUT, the 9800 in the mac just won't show the 1280 x 720 resolution when using DVI...can anyone explain this? Or, possibly, could someone clue me in as to how to enable this particular resolution? I know the TV can do it, I just can't get it to show up when using DVI. It's driving me nuts! Thanks for any help in advance.

-Matt

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
It could be because maybe that resolution isn't supported using DVI on that video card. The Displays System Preferences will show the "supported" resolutions.

There used to be a checkbox in the Display System Preferences that said only show recommended resolutions, but I could be wrong. Check that out and see if there is. If there is, uncheck it and see if that resolution shows up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.