radeon better than Geforce

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by jadam, Jan 29, 2002.

1. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

hah, Geforce 4 MX, capable of 1.1 gigatexels. Radeon 7500, capable of 1.6 gigatexels. hahhahaaha what a joke. But if the Geforce 4 MX does have the clock rates the ZDnet article claimed, 250+mhz and 166+mhz DDR, that would put the geforce 4 ahead of the Radeon.

And BTW Alphas arent dead, you can still buy them from compaq.com, in 1ghz models with up to 32 1ghz 8mb DDR L3 cache processors, in one server case. And Alphas are true 64-bit processors. ALPHA!!!!!!!!

2. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

Radeon II is coming out real soon, when nvidia releases a real geforce 4.

3. KingArthur macrumors regular

The Radeon only has this increased resolution with analog monitors. They are identical in digital resolution respects.

Also, I think we need a scalable, true 64-bit processor. Having the abilities to scale data in 8, 16, 32, and 64 bits like altivec but in all executions would increase performance immensely. It would be difficult to write programs for, though. A true 64 bit processor has no advantage (except more ram) over the 32 bit processor unless it is written in 64bit code.

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

The Radeon 8500 is kick a$$, I put one into the peecee that I built and it ROCKS!! I would expect that it performs even better under the Mac OS. The 32MB ATI Radeon DDR (Mac edition) that I put into my G4 tower performed just as good as a 64MB version in the peecee. Just shows how the Mac platform is better.

5. DavidCL23 macrumors 6502

6. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Apples & Oranges Again!

Once again, we are compairing Apples to oranges. The GeForce4MX is the value line. That is what the MX is for. Look up the specs on a GeForce3 Ti200. Still not top of the line, but does something like 3 gigatixels. I have built 6 PCs from scratch, 2 of which used ATI boards. I spend more time on those 2 with ATI boards ironing out conflicts that all 4 of the nVidia boards I installed. Including one computer with 1 AGP and 1 PCI board, both in use. No problems, just install, load drivers, restart and you're golden.