radeon x800 Help?? please?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mr. B, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Mr. B macrumors regular

So this morning I unwrapped a spiffy new radeon x800 mac edition for my 2.0 ghz powermac g5.

yay!

So I undid the side of my computer, carefully unscrewed the screw holding in the old graphics card, slid it out, and then put the new graphics card in, being careful to have all the little ports click into place, and then I screwed it back in.

I had disconnected all the cords before this, and so I then connected them all back in, put back the side, and then pressed the power button to turn on the computer.

nothing happened.

The computer didn't even flicker or make a sound, it didn't turn on a tall.

This freaked me out a bit, so I reinstalled the old card... and the computer turned on!

so I tried to install the x800 card again... and still no turn on.

So... um... is my card busted? Or am I doing something very wrong?

please help?

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I haven't had any experience with the X800 card, but I assume that card doesn't need any other power supply other than the G5's AGP slot (unlike the 9800 Pro card for the G4), so it should be plug 'n play...

You did the right thing to test the old card, to see if the computer does boot with it, which it did. Nothing wrong with the G5.

My conclusion would be that the card is bust. I'm sorry, m8... get it replaced :(