Radical at the 'Ring

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Jan 19, 2005.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Looks like the Radical boys are planning on being the first... and wait for this... the first production car to lap the Nurburgring in under 7 MINUTES with a Radical SR8. :D

rinky dink link

Damn that's seriously fast... really not that much slower than Stephan Bellof's lap record in a Porsche 956! :eek:

Incredible.

2. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    damn, that's insane...wasn't it 9 minutes not too long ago??

3. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

That's very fast. The Donkervoort is a nice car though - haven't seen the SR8. Academic living in London. Whats the average speed? 12mph? :D

4. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

It's been a while since it was 9 minutes... years infact.

A sub 7 minute lap is incredible... it's very difficult to imagine exactly how fast that is. Admitedly it pushes the whole 'road legal' concept a tad :eek: :p but in essence that is exactly what it is, you can drive all the way to the 'Ring, running on the same road tyres and knock out a lap that's quicker than any other production car on the planet, probably quicker than most race cars and undoubtedly quicker than any production superbike... incredible, truly incredible. :eek:

I found it interesting that they're looking for the 'right' driver to take the challenge... when you mention the 'Ring 3 and ONLY 3 names can be uttered as ringmeisters...

Rosemeyer
    Fangio
    Bellof

Maybe one of them would be willing to make the trip from the otherside to demonstrate how it should be done. ;)

5. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well it depends on how "street legal" is defined ;)

for example the Lotus elise sport is legal in the UK but _not_ in germany
    the german "motorvision" tv car show hat to get a special allowance drive it...

from looking at the pictures i doubt it would get "street legal" in germany or austria ;)

6. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

That's odd when the Lotus Elise 111R won the 2004 'Sportiest Car Of The Year' in Germany by Sport Auto Magazine.

One would assume you'd have to have a 'road legal' car to be able to win that.

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

it was around 2002/2003, colered in a dark green with modifications inside etc. i don't know the exact name of it ...perhaps they got legal since then or it was different version

8. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

LOL, the SR8 is a race car in all but name. That would never be legal in the 'states, and if it was you'd be road pizza for the first soccer mom barrelling along in her H2...ouch. Of course the Elise isn't much larger and it is being federalized. A "normal" production car could hardly compete with the SR8 aerodynamically.

9. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I was hoping this was about a radicalized cycloalkane. Too bad.