Radio in iTunes not working now

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by n8mac, Feb 25, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

"An error occured while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your internet connection, or try again later."

Stations were working fine until this week. Now none of them work.
    iTunes 9.2.1
    Mac OS 10.4.11

2. simsaladimbamba

It is the same for me too, maybe it is currently down, it happened last week too.

3. macrumors newbie

RE: Radio in iTunes not working now

This has been happening to me since yesterday night. I've been looking through some forums all which say the solution is to wait. It makes me mad that the problem is at Apple's end and not mine :/

4. macrumors member

Getting the same thing.

5. macrumors newbie

Actually, I'm quite relieved that it's on their end, and not some'n wrong with my system, that could only be solved by a major upgrade to the OS, since I'm quite happy with 10.5.8!

6. macrumors 68040

iTunes has a radio? Didn't know that...

7. macrumors newbie

GoTerps

Radio not working at all????

My iTunes Radio has not been working since 2/23...last thursday was the last day I used it effectively...I listen to this everyday...what gives???

Does anyone know why the service is down?:confused:

8. macrumors newbie

iTunes Radio

H-E-L-P................I rely on iTunes Radio at work and have since 2007. While I am able log into and use the iTunes Store, the radio does not work. Can someone at Apple let us know what's going on????:confused:

9. simsaladimbamba

Mine is still down too.

@ saberahul: Yes.
    [​IMG]
    If it is not there, it can be enabled via iTunes > Preferences or CMD+,
    [​IMG]

----------

You have to contact Apple for that: http://www.apple.com/contact/, as Apple does not read this message board.
    Is that station maybe available via other means, like going to the website and downloading the .pls file there and playing it back via iTunes or VLC Player?

10. macrumors newbie

GoTerps

Working but limited streams

...Update...my radio is now working with limited amount of streams available. Of course, not the ones I want to be working!

11. macrumors newbie

Possible Work Around

I experienced the same issue for the past few days. I wanted to listen to a station under the Jazz group.
    Here's how I have gotten around the issue:
    I clicked the twistee for other music groups until I found a group (about 4 or 5 groups in total) that expanded instead of giving me the error : "An error occured while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your internet connection, or try again later.".
    Then I went back to the Jazz group and clicked the twistee again and it worked.

12. macrumors 6502

I was hoping your work around would work for me. I found a genre that was working but that didn't fix the issue on the other stations that aren't......

13. macrumors newbie

no radio

"An error occured while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your internet connection, or try again later."

Stations were working fine until this week. Now none of them work.

Not only are my songs disappearing, now no radio! iTunes/iCloud is messed up.

14. macrumors newbie

itunes Radio not working fix

Hi,

Had this issue too with the latest update. I removed itunes and reloaded a legacy version that did work, 9.21.5. Then followed this tutorial, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMT0XFxJLrY

All is as it should be. Hope this helps!

Madd Mike