Radio Shark... your thoughts

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AtHomeBoy_2000, May 2, 2005.

1. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2005
    I am looking for a way to record AM/FM radio onto my computer. I used to either roll tape when i wasnt home or run an audio out from my stereo into my laptop.

however, my stereo is getting old and the tap decks dont work anymore. So, i was looking into a more streamlined process. I hear the RadioShark is a really neat devise. Has anyone tried it yet? what are your thoughts? I like how you can program it to record when youa re not home.
  2. dvdh macrumors 6502

Apr 6, 2004
    If you want remote control of your recording, you could use a VNC client / host to allow remote control of your Mac. Otherways to do it would include scheduling software or even an applescript to set a start and stop time. . . .looking for a good example . . will post back when I find an example.
  3. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    It works like it says. I have been very happy with it. It reminds me of my Tivo in someways. I like the fact that you can record directly to MP4 audio instead of uncompressed audio but still have the option to save as uncompressed audio. RadioSHARK is very Apple like in design. The light design on the side changes to red when recording and you don't need a power brick to power it since it uses USB only.
  4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    If you have a line-in socket on your Mac, you can just connect the headphone jack of any radio to the line-in socket and use something like Audio Hijack Pro to do the recording. I do this every week with Car Talk.