Radio Station To Drown Dog

Discussion in 'Community' started by runninmac, Aug 11, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

One of my local radio stations is going to drown a frickin dog tommorw on there morning show! :mad: I can't belive this. It is so wrong to do this on air and to tell people about it. All this they think will help educate people on swiming safely :confused: :mad: . Heres a link to there site Link

Does this happen in other states?? Is it even legal?

PS im glad i never listen to them

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

that just absolutely wrong

how can you compare a dog with a person? they hope to achieve more awareness to child safety but there just going to get a hell of a lot of negative feedback.

jess thats just sickening

3. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Oh my God. I'm going to cry. I am literally sitting here with my mouth wide open and tears in my eyes. That is ****ing disgusting. That dog is gorgeous, I want to save it. I WANT TO SAVE IT. THIS IS NOT OKAY. OH MY GOD.

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING.

Oh God, okay, plan. I was thinking of calling my state police, but I live in Pennsylvania so it won't do much. I want you to please tell us where you are from, and have a bunch of forum members call the police and report this travesty. A life is in danger. This is TOTALLY cruel - somebody has to do something. I'm more than willing to help, just tell me WHAT I can do!

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i would think that it is illegal.... i couldn't see a radio station here getting away with it

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That better be a really, really sick attempt at publicity, and not an actual act they plan to carry out.

Either way it's extremely offensive. If they're actually going to do this, they should be prosecuted under whatever animal cruelty laws exist in the state.

Animal torture in the service of the betterment of humanity? Did these people used to work for cosmetics companies or something?

6. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I just called Fox 17 News in Grand Rapids, Michigan and asked them if they were aware of the situation, and if I should contact their local police department. They said they already know about it, and the police are aware - and that it probably would not happen.

I'm still not satisfied - does anyone know what else we can do?

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Great way to bring attention to the problem.

Funny how people will fight to save a dog, but it isn't worth their time or money to make sure the pool fenced, gated and locked.

The number of kids drowning is sad ... funny how people are focusing on the dog, and not preventing kids from dying.

Hopefully they don't drown the dog, but shame everybody into seeing how hard they are fighting for the dog -- and how little they care about helping people make sure their pool is safe, for everyone's kids in the hood.

8. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I'd fight to save a child too, but they can't say they are going to drown one of those!!! This is no laughing matter, there is potentially a life at stake here. Media responds to the public, and it's up to the public to do something. We're all the public, so let's shut up about how ****ing inhumane this is and actually get something done!!!

Who's with me?!

9. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Fox 17 news is the station I herd it from about 30 mins ago... I dont think they will go though with it now there are animal rights people all over this it sounded like. But yeah Im with ya on this.

10. applekid macrumors 68020

You can only hope there's a state law to prevent that.

Radio is getting weird these days. There was that station that basically taught how to disarm and kill a police officer. If I remember correctly, the station merely suspended them, and the two DJs involved had to do one of those ride along with cops. Yeah, I really don't see the DJs getting into too much trouble if they get away with this.

Maybe PETA will be all over them tomorrow...

And what the hell? Summer is almost over. A little late to be teaching a lesson about pool safety, ain't it?

11. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Is there any way you could contact your local police department or even SPCA?

12. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Good! Stupid Dog.

Now, What Kind of attention did I just gather? Why would a radio station want this kind of attention?

They are just sick! Twisted and SICK!!! UGH!
    They better not get away with this, Its one of the most screwed up things I've ever heard of.

I really hope its only for the attention...

13. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Whats SPCA?? I can contact the police but im 99.9% sure they know about it.

14. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

So can you contact them to confirm so we are all 100% sure they know about it, and plan on intervening?

15. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

ill second that

16. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Link to video

Thank god the lines are being flooded... but bad for people who need.

But what pisses me off is its only a $5000 felony. no jail time or comunity service.

Here is what they posted on thyre website (that i could quickly find)

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sort of funny that the zeal to save a dog is putting human lives at risk.

Die human die, because 911 may be busy. :rolleyes:

But at least they will save a dog.

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

They probably don't intend in the slightest to go through with it - it's just a lame publicity stunt to get world-wide media attention. (at least I hope it is). Ratings must really suck to have to resort to such abominal levels.

Even if they don't intend on doing it, just publicising should be enough for them to be tried under the animal protection act/whatever you guys have over there. And hopefully the punishment as a corporation is heavier than the punishment for an individual.

19. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Yeah it does suck. They have lost in the ratings war for many years and even tryed to fool people by changing thyre staiontion fequecncey (sp?) They use to be 94.5 and now are 107.3

20. Plymouthbreezer macrumors 601

Plymouthbreezer

Sun Baked, "you don't care about people.." you need to seriously shut your mouth. No one is saying ANYTHING about NOT saving a child's life. That wasn't even the issue. And Sun Baked, how the heck do you know that no one cares about safety of others? Really, it had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

People don't mean to "kill humans" by disrupting the lines - it's rather a sad aftereffect of this messed up duo's attempts to kill a living thing for a BS reason. A personal vendetta against dogs maybe? I don't know, but you seem awfully and ironically insensitive about the poor dog's life.

21. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I don't see the big deal, you don't see the SPCA in China do you?

22. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Is this a radio station in china?

Kill for food != kill for ratings.

(you can definitely be a stirrer sometimes lacero ;))

23. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Wow, lots of really gullible people here. Way to react exactly the way the radio show wanted you to. The dog was going to die anyway. Thousands of dogs are put down by animal shelters every day. You are all this indignant and morally outraged every day, right?

24. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I agree. I really don't think it's gonna happen, it's a publicity stunt that's sick, but is working.

I can see why people are getting pretty passionate about this, it's pretty foul.

Oh, and I've got no idea what it's got to do with China... :D

25. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Ignoring the first part because you're right it is a publicity stunt.

But as for the second part that is complete rubbish and a blatant troll. It's like saying why get up in arms when someone rapes and kills your mother because this is happening to women in Africa every day.

Yes thousands of animals are put down but they are put down in animal shelters - as quickly and as humanely as possible. The people who put them down are vets or at least trained to do it - and this is as a last resort after trying to find homes for them. They would never have got this animal from a shelter if they disclosed that the animal would be used for a publicity stunt.