Radio streaming won't work.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Reno404, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Reno404 macrumors member

hey guys!

I tried to listen to the KROQ streaming on my MacBook, and after logging in, it wouldn't work. a part of the page remained blank. When opening the page on a PC in windows, it worked, and I saw the player was a Macromedia Flash player.

So I installed that on my Macbook - but still no game (in Safari. When trying in FireFox, it crashes).

I had this problem earlier for another station, and someone gave me an URL to copy-paste in iTunes, and that worked fine.

So to the point:

How do I listen to KROQ on my MacBook?

Who'll be able to help me on this?

2. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

3. Reno404 thread starter macrumors member

It really is KROQ that i'm looking for - I'm sure it must be possible to get it to work on a mac, right?

4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

It looks like they have their own player, which is probably not Mac compatible. What happens when you give them your email address (besides spam)? Another source is Live365. But if it has to be KROQ use the feedback button on their site and ask them.

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

If it's a Flash player, the player is probably Mac compatible. But if there's any JavaScript on the page (and there probably is to interact with the player) there's a good chance it just won't work at all if it's tested on IE-only.

6. waterboy100 macrumors newbie