RadTech BT 500

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by zagato27, Aug 18, 2004.

1. zagato27 macrumors 6502a

Aug 10, 2003
    The Hill
    Want to replace my Apple "hockey puck" with a bluetooth mouse. This would be used with my G5 so size isn't really a problem. Know that M$ has a BT mouse and have seen some good reviews. Same with Logitech 900. HOWEVER, have seen a couple of reviews and blurbs about the RadTech BT 500. Interesting features: on/off switch, scroll whl, and uses 2 AAA batteries. Am a bit concerned with the size, ie being TOO small. Users in my family range from 7 yrs to 50. Oh yeah, price seemed pretty nice at ~$55-60. Darn it, I've got blue tooth and I wanna use it! Any comments/help would be appreciated. Cheers
  2. gallagb macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    got it - love it

first off the folks from Radtech are amazing!

i have the bt-500 white version
    (it also comes in blue)

it is REALLY REALLY small
    but that's fine
    it is also really really light!
    i've got that and a normal apple bluetooth mouse - which comparatively weighs a ton!

the scroll wheel works great, the 2 buttons work great- it is a great fun lil mouse!

battery life is also good-
    the one time i had a question- the radtech folks got back to me w/in 24 hrs- on a weekend- it was awesome
    so- i recommend it- however it is small!

i know that there is another company who just released their own 'full sized' mouse w/ scroll wheel and 2 buttons- but i don't remember who that was... anyone?