Radtech BT600 losing connection...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by QCassidy352, Jan 23, 2007.

1. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

like the title says. It sometimes loses the connection to my macbook and I have to press the channel button on its underside to get it to reconnect. Anyone else have a BT600 (or other Radtech bluetooth mouse) and have this problem?

Also, it seems to need recharging every few days... which is not good. Kinda wishing I'd gotten a BT mightly mouse right about now.

2. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

It's happening more. Especially when I play warcraft 3, the mouse will just stop responding all of a sudden. The fix is to turn it off, plug in the recharging cable, then turn it back on. VERY annoying. Anyone else encountered this?

3. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

I'm not exactly sure, but I have an idea why this might be happening. When rechargeable batteries die, the power drops very quickly. Regular, non-rechargeable batteries have a longer downward curve when they lose power.

We only use non-rechargeable batteries for wireless mics at church for the simple reason that when they die, they die slowly.

In otherwords, you may want to switch to regular batteries if you can, or get a different set of rechargeables.

Hope that helps.

4. QCassidy352 thread starter macrumors G3

QCassidy352

thanks, I really appreciate the response. The only problem is that the batteries can't possibly be dying THAT fast... I mean, I had to recharge twice just today.

5. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

Again, I'm not absolutely keen on the fine details of your situation, but if you've reacharged the batteries quite few times, the batteries themselves may be holding less of a charge after each cycle.

My advice would be to try another set of batteries (rechargeable or non-rechargeable). If that doesn't solve the issue, a call to Radtech just may. My experience with them in the past has been quite amiable and productive.

6. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i had a Radtech BT600 for a few days before i decided it was the worst BT mouse ever. it wouldn't keep a connection - plugged in or using BT. and when it was connected, it was very jumpy and imprecise.

i returned it for a full refund. i'm now using a Logitech LX7, which, although it has a dongle, works flawlessly.