RadTech BT600

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bearbo, Aug 10, 2006.

1. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

anyone tried RadTech BT600? Anything bad about it? does it have lags or something? good/bad for casual gaming purposes?

2. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

got it. like it.
    works well in osx and parallels.
    no problems in quake 4 demo.

my only gripe, and this may be true for all bluetooth meese, is that on a reboot or off sleep, it has about a 2-3 second period before it is active.

3. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

can this mouse (or any bluetooth mouse) be used to wake up computer when asleep?

4. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

yes for my corded mighty mouse and then my new radtech bt600.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes, but there's an issue with any non-apple BT mouse since 10.4.6. If you put the computer to sleep before the mouse loses the connection (from inactivity), the computer will keep waking up. So you have to turn off the "allow bt devices to wake this computer" option.

At least, that is my experience with my MS bluetooth mouse. And I've read it's the same with other 3rd party mice.

6. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

how do you like the MS bluetooth mouse?

7. Atlasland macrumors 6502

8. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

that require USB doesn't it, i don't like USB receivers.

9. Atlasland macrumors 6502

Yes, you're right.

I didn't like USB recievers much either. However, the payoff is a much longer battery life - in excess of 6 months on both keyboard and mouse. So no need to constantly plug the mouse in to charge it up.

Also, the Logitech looks better - as it doesn't have a big ugly on/off button on the top!

Just my .02c

10. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

so there are one receiver or two receiver for the entier set, and if one, what's the other thing for, does that one take up a usb port as well? because that's kind of where my limitation is.

11. Atlasland macrumors 6502

There is only 1 USB reciever - so it only takes up 1 USB port. One USB reciever for both keyboard & mouse.

The other USB "device" is essentially a USB extension cord. Basically, if you want to improve the signal reception of the reciever then you can attach it to the extension-cord-thingy and place it in front of your computer. But even with this setup, you are still only using one of your machine's USB ports.

Also, I should say that I have never used the USB extension-cord-thingy. And I get a perfect signal. Absolutely no problems with normal use. Occasionally, when over 10 ft. from my computer, the signal might cut out - but only in that extreme case.

12. bearbo thread starter macrumors 68000

bearbo

do you know if they retail those, or online only?

13. Atlasland macrumors 6502

I'm in the UK, so I can't really help you on that one.

The online US Apple store should sell it. And probably their retail stores too.

Also, if you do decide to buy, then make sure you research it first - don't just take my word for it! Some people have had problems with the s530; though I think most people are very happy with their s530's - as am I.