Radtech...Do you own anything from them?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iEric, May 17, 2004.

1. iEric
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

If you do, do you perhaps own something for a Powerbook - along the lines of accessories.
    Please leave a review for me and tell me what I should get for my new PB.

I love the sleeve and I like the little tabby things to prevent the screen from touching the keyboard. But if i have those, do i need the keyboard softy cloth thing?

2. FuzzyBallz
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

The ScreensavRz is the best product I've used for LCD cleaning, ever. I bought it for my 15" PB, and use it to clean all my LCD monitors and notebook screens. Just add water. The PowerSleevz is also good as a 1st lvl protection against scratches inside and outside of whatever bag you use to carry your notebook.

3. robbieduncan
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have one of the ScreensavRz for my PB as well. Seems pretty good.

4. iEric
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do the new AluPB have the problem where the screen touches the keyboard and the oils and the board damage the screen..such as the TiPB...

5. aricher
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

aricher

I have both the ScreensavRz and the WildEeps. When i first bought my PB 17 1.33 I had nothing. After a couple of weeks the outer edges of the bezel around the screen and the outer edges of the palmrests started to show black rub marks. Couldn't remve the black - it was the annodized Al rubbing thin - ugh. I took my PB into the local Mac store and the "Genius" said that it was cosmetic issue and that they wouldn't fix it. I asked why the 15" had the little spacers on the outer edges while the 17 only has it in the center - he had no answer.

A few weeks later i noticed a couple of very minor pinky sized dark spots one inch from either side at the top of the monitor - under the menu bar. I would have let this go as I couldn't really see the marks durning operation but... I used this screen flaw as a chance to send it in to AppleCare - maybe they would replace the bezel as well. YES, they replaced the screen, the bezel AND the palmrest part!

While waiting on AppleCare (3 days) I bought all the RadTech stuff I could - better safe than sorry. The ScreensavRz is awesome - best product for screencleaning - I use it on my glasses from time to time as well. The WildEeps take a bit of getting used to aesthetically but I can tell that they really help. When closed my PB has no more "edge wobble" when I pick it up.

My suggestion - buy both.