Radtech Screensavrz thickness?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mac000, Feb 12, 2007.

1. mac000 macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to find a nice thin screen protector and came across these: http://www.radtech.us/Products/NotebookScreensavRz.aspx. I bought one from OWC but it was rather thick and a tight close on my notebook so i didnt want to use it at an on-home basis. Can anyone shed some light?

2. lanturlu macrumors newbie

I just bought one of them, the full size one and it's only 1mm thick. My MBP 15" has no problem closing it's lid with that on the keyboard. I'm not sure what you bought from OWC but I'm quite satisfied with my ScreenSavrz for cleaning and storing my MBP.

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

It is apparently 0.6mm thick, according to that page you linked to. Ahhh, reading.

I use a Marware one which feels considerably thicker than 0.6mm with my MacBook and its definitely not too thick so you should be fine with that one.

4. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I love my Radtech screen cloth. It protects and beautifies. Between that and iKlear, my soon-to-be 3yo PB looks fresh as a daisy... but grey and metallic, not wilted like an old flower.:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

5. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

awesome, thank you very much. The OWC one was leather on one side

6. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

funny, funny

7. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

...and the Radtech screensavrz really does work well at its second job as screen cleaner too. I am using one on my G3 iBook.

8. Mr B macrumors member

Mr B

Shaggy mac is great too if you wanted to be different for some reason.

9. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

how do you use it to clean? i just purchased one.

10. mac000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The OWC screen saver is not intended to be used to clean a lcd screen, the Radtech screensavrz are. hope that helps

11. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

You just wipe the screen with it to remove dust.

I love my Radtech ScreenSavrz. I used to stick them in customer's notebooks for them to have and I've never come across a situation where it was too thick...everything from G3 iBooks to 17" PowerBooks, they fit fine!