Rage with pc laptops

Discussion in 'macOS' started by crazycat, Dec 8, 2006.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    Well i just want to vent a little and say thanks to apple for making great products and how thankful i am that i dont have to work with pc's ever again. Except for a few games i dont use my pc much at all. That all changed when my girlfriend came over with her Ferrari laptop http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/fr3000.htm which i had to help her type a school project. I was so close to breaking the damn thing, i was really stressed.

Now i am back to my MBP and thank god i wont ever do important work on any pc ever again.

After using OS X i dont see how i can ever go back to XP.
  2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
    "Superb power savings furnish up to three hours of battery life"
    I get that with a three-year-old battery.

"60 GB hard disc drive permits plenty of room to move"
    I've got 80 gigs, and that isn't enough.

"AMD Athlon™ XP-M processor 2500+ -- designed expressly for the Ferrari 3000 -- gives you the lead"
    Don't know what they're smoking, but I could have bought that processor over three years ago. And I don't remember seeing it exclusively for a Ferrari laptop.

And it 404'ed when I tried to see the price. Heh. Hehe. Hehehehehe. :)
  3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Sep 6, 2003
    i know exactly how you feel. my husband has a POS dell laptop that is now about 7 years old (and i am truly amazed the damn thing still works, tbh). i can't tell you how many times i've nearly picked it up and thrown it against a wall (i have to use it because we have financial software on it that my husband refuses to transfer to my mac). only the immediate ire of my husband and the resulting damage to our relationship that would ensue has stopped me. otherwise, i would take great joy in prying off each and every key, jumping up and down on it, and then taking a sledgehammer to whatever remains. :eek: