Railroad tycoon

Discussion in 'Games' started by Foxer, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Hey all. I noticed an ad in the new MacWorld mag that Railraod Tycoon 3 is coming our way. Next to the Civ series, this my all time fave. I wasted much time back in college on the original version, and the lack of a Mac version always got me down. No mention of it on the Macsoft website. Anyone have any idea when it will hit stores?

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

I have Railroad Tycoon 2 and 3 for Windows and I love them both. RT 3 has much better graphics and even the ability to ride your trains! It's also a little easier to use. Needless to say, I still play RT 2 a lot. I'm hoping they'll run on VPC.

JOD8FY

3. Dalriada macrumors 6502

4. Zaty macrumors 65816

When RT3 was announced for PCs, I wanted it. But its release conincided somewhat with my decision to switch, so I didn't buy it. But I might get the Mac version if my Rev. B 12" PB is capable of running it properly. Anyone any idea about hardware requirements?

5. Foxer thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxer

6. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

7. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

Plays fine on my 12" PB Rev. B with medium settings and 1024x768 res. The requirements on the box say "400mhz"... which I believe is a miss print. I'd guess no less than 800mhz if you actually want to see anything texture wise.