Rain on Christmas Eve

Discussion in 'Community' started by OutThere, Dec 24, 2003.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

It seems that we people here in New England are being drenched in preparation for the holiday. It's been raining steadily all day long. This weather sucks. Pray for snow.

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Yeah, even here in the hilly south west corner of Maine we're supposed to be rained out. No snow until at least tomorrow night. Then the roads freeze again.

Edit: 50 f***ing degrees (ºF) overnight!? Man, that's warm for winter!

3. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

When's the last time it snowed on Christmas in New England?
    Can't remember myself.

4. TimDaddy macrumors 6502

Versailles, KY (and that's pronounced Vurr-sales)
    Here in Central KY we were told not to expect a white Christmas. It rained all day yesterday. Today, it snowed for about an hour after dark, and we have a pretty little dusting! I hope it stays overnight. The kids will love it.

Assuming the system that passed through here yesterday is the same one that is over you today, you may indeed wake up to some snow.

5. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

well, at least you guys got something. Here in Colorado, we just got a partly cloudy day! and we have a 50% chance of snow on friday which is 1 day late :(

6. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

i think new england got dumped with snow last year right?

I love this weather.. all the snow was melting this morning, and we had SF-style fog..

i must have gone on a 3hr joyride in the fog.:D :D

7. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

I would rather it rain then snow.. I really hate snow. But go figure, I live in Canada.

8. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Snow = fun for about 5 minutes. Here they don't plow the streets so all the cars get stuck on the streets. Even a garbage truck was stuck on the street one night. Also, your feet and pants get all wet when you walk to school. Not fun.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Here in Boston we only have a 40% chance of having a White Christmas. Last year we had 2.4" of snow on Christmas Day. Have been in Boston since 1984 and that was the first for me. It is depressing to have T in the 50's and rain. The T's are supposed to me more seasonable beginning Friday.

10. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Howdy
    First Merry Christmas. Fortunately, we have an inch or so on the ground right now, which is pretty cool. This is good, because Santa is going to be bringing presents (grin) in the next 15 minutes or so.

Again, Merry Christmas :)

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Texas has been rather warm (what a suprise :rolleyes: ;)), but even warmer than most Christmases.

I'm not even going to bother wishing for snow ;):(:eek:.

scem0

12. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

We will have a white Christmas here in central Minnesota, although we haven't had snow since before Thanksgiving. It won't get warm enough to melt for some time.

Living in the upper midwest all of my life, I found it so strange when my family visited my in-laws in Phoenix for Christmas. I never thought that I would ever wear shorts on Christmas Eve.