Raising up my Powerbook.. iCurve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Fourbin, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Fourbin macrumors regular

I noticed that when I sit in my nice big comfy desk chair I am often craning my neck to look down at my Powerbook screen resulting in some uncomfortable back pain. I want to get something that raises the computer up significantly so that the screen is at eye level. I've looked at the Griffin iCurve but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I want. Are there any other similar products out there that raise up the computer? Can any iCurve users give me some testimonials?

Thanks!

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Will you be typing on the PB, or just using it as a display/CPU when at your desk?

3. Fourbin thread starter macrumors regular

I'm purchasing a wireless keyboard so typing while the computer is raised is not an issue. I also wanted to add that I am hesistant of the iCurve because it doesn't look very stable. Is it?

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

My coworker bought one for his personal PB and really likes it - it is completely stable, but it wobbles/shakes if you type on it. However, it does a nice job of raising and tilting the display as well as keeping it cool. I'm sure there are similar or better products, but my coworker really likes his.

5. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

If you're using an external keyboard and mouse, the iCurve is perfect.

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the iCurve is good, i personally got a Podium Pad, i wanted to be able to rotate/turn my book as i can with this while having it raised a bit higher, i didnt need or like the height of the iCurve at the time

7. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1