Ram Compatability list

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by K2`, May 8, 2005.

1. K2` macrumors member

is there a list of brands and stuff for ram that is compatible with my 12" 1.33 pb?

TIA

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

No.

Apple does not certify third party RAM.

The problems with maintaining an unofficial list, is that if someone says "Acme #12345 from NewEggOutpostDiscounter.com worked in my Powerbook" are:

1) It is valid for that particular RAM and that person's particular Powerbook model and revision only

2) Generic RAM is likely to change in configuration over time without notice, but retaining the same model number - different board design and/or different chips makes previous compatibility reports meaningless.

Your best defence is to purchase from a reputable RAM seller who tests their RAM on Macs and guarantees compatibility in writing with your specific model Mac.

3. macorama macrumors regular

No, but if you go to crucial.com for example, you can select based on your exact model, and they guarantee it will work. I've never had any problems buying from them, and it's so much cheaper than from Apple.