RAM Discussion

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JDN, Dec 23, 2006.

1. JDN macrumors 6502a

RAM is often a topic on this forum, and having recently been plunged back into the area i thought it might be useful to have all the info in one place. (If this has already been done, call me an idiot and scrap it)

Firstly, RAM prices are crazy, a 2gb matched pair from crucial (for MBP) is £212 (~$420) so maybe a list of budget RAM manufacturers that are still reliable is needed.

If people could recommend manufacturers and give a little review that would be very useful.

(Others may add topics as they become apparent)

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

seems like when people have a question about RAM, they'll post in the appropriate place and then get an answer to their question there. plus, how many times has RAM been discussed here? nevertheless, i'll bite...

i got 2x1GB matched pairs for my MBP in August from OWC for $220 and that didn't seem too bad to me. apparently the prices have gone up.

OWC and Crucial are the first places i check and then i head over to newegg to see if they can beat the prices there. i only buy from one of those three.

edit: as of this post, OWC's 2x1GB matched pairs for a 15" MBP 2.0 CD is $240. they don't even offer a 2x1GB matched pairs set for a C2D MBP. others are around $350 or $400 for a 2x1GB matched pairs set.