RAM for ibook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by otis123, Jan 30, 2007.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

you can also check Crucial, macsales.com, or datamem.com. They all have RAM that's guaranteed to work in your Mac. If you buy from newegg, make sure it's got lots of positive reviews from Mac users, since that stuff isn't guaranteed to work in your Mac. I've never had any problems buying the non-guaranteed stuff, but there are people on here who have.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the RAM you linked to won't work in an iBook. You want PC2700 RAM.

3. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

so can u point me to a example of 1gb stick that work in a ibook G4?

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

5. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

6. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

I've got a perfect condition 512mb used stick of Crucial for the ibook G4 if you're interested.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It's not so much the brand of the RAM, as whether it is the RIGHT build of RAM for your machine . You're looking for a reputable dealer who tests and guarantees compatibility with your specific model Mac, offers a lifetime warranty and a no cost (no shipping, no restocking) return if it doesn't work.

PC discount sellers like NewWegg don't guarantee compatibility, and they can stick you with charges if you guess wrong and the RAM doesn't work.

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

8. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

you think that stick of 1gb on newegg would work well? a powerbook user said no problems

and although im sure your a nice guy im not intrested in buying from a 3rd party and I think i should maxs out the ram

9. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, I can't guarantee compatibility. As CanadaRAM said, the only way to do that is to go through a dealer (like those linked above) who guarantee that their RAM will work in Macs. If you buy the stuff from newegg, there's a slight chance it won't work for you, and you'll have to pay a restocking fee to return it.

10. gelatin macrumors 6502

i have an i book g4 i bought mine from other world computing they are a very good site