Ram for my powerbook....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AJ Muni, Sep 27, 2005.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Opinion: Depends on the exact model of powerbook, but I give you 50%-50% of it working.

This is Crucial's generic laptop RAM. It's fine thing, but it is not guaranteed to work on Powerbooks. Crucial's Powerbook RAM is a special build CT12864X335AP or CT12864X335.16 NewEgg of course makes no guarantee of compatibility. (you did see the review from the purchaser who tried 2 of these without success in their 17" powerbook, right?)

I recommend that you stick with a reputable vendor who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Powerbook, has a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost return if it doesn't work.

If that Crucial doesn't work, you'll be out time, trouble and shipping costs. Wost case, you may get stuck with a restocking charge depending on seller policies.

In the USA I like Data Memory Systems

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

3. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yup, that's the one.

I deal with Data Memory Systems every day - they are honest and are real Mac users. They sell quality RAM and back it up - you won't be disappointed.

5. Fender macrumors regular

Fender

I would just take oral sex over the RAM, but that's just me I guess. :D

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

RAM lasts longer.

(No, that's not just me boasting... ;) )

7. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

lolol ok guys lets keep this pg-13........thanks again trev

p.s. (im getting that later ;) )

8. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

:eek:

I bought RAM from newegg (1GB stick). Died on me in less than 2 months. It has lifetime warrenty, but I still haven't gotten around getting a $20 money order required for handling. Should have gotten "Mac" memory.

9. lfielder06 Guest

I have been using a that crucial stick in my 15" pb and my wife in her 12" ibook. both have been running great. Just my opinion, but I would recomend getting mac certified.

10. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I'm using that very stick of RAM in my iBook right now, but I think that it had issues with previous Powerbook models, which was why it isn't Mac certified. Not sure if those issues were solved in the current Powerbooks.

11. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I'm in the market for a 1 gig stick for my 800mhz iBook G4 but I can't find crucial offering any for the iBook. I'm sure they have some somewhere but I want to make sure they guarantee it.

Send me a link maybe?