Ram from crucial can someone help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by CaptainCaveMann, Dec 13, 2004.

1. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

I just went to Crucials web site and all i have to say is WOW! Apple sure is rippin people off for memory but heres my my question. Will going from 768 memory in the new 1.33 ibook to 1.25 memory make a big difference? Or will it be only slightly noticable?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

No one can really answer that. It all depends on what you do on your computer. 768 MB is a good amount of ram for the average user. Give us some examples of your day-to-day computing and you'll probably get a more accurate answer.

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Crucial also overprices they ram, you can use both PC2100 and PC2700 SO-DIMM in your iBook.

768 to 1280 should make a difference depending on what you do. :)

4. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Why is everyone so crazy about Crucial.com's memory?

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

It is very good ram to begin with. Its probably the cheapest of the top of the line ram. That being said, you don't notice how good it is in the mac world because people don't normally overclock and such.

I like crucial in my apple products because it is guaranteed to work. Other companies have life time warrenties, but many (I didn't say not all) don't guaranteed their ram to work in a specific computer.

6. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Making web pages for my friends,Studio Mx for web design,Java in web design,editing sports footage from my digital video camera and putting on titles and adding music and such,photo shop. Those are the only tasks i do that can imagine would need a lot of ram

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Editing video would probably be your biggest ram eater. When you are working with video, does you computer seem slow? If so, get more ram. Thats really all I can say.

8. CaptainCaveMann thread starter macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Computers always seem "slow" to me haha even the "fast" ones