RAM issues...please help

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by 8thDegreeSavage, Nov 10, 2002.

1. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

OK..i have Aquamon the monitor app.

And it displays RAm usage....i have a gig of RAM, and after i quit apps it doesnt seem to lessen the ram usage..maybe by 10mbs or so..especially after im done playing a game....my RAM usage will stay up around 700 MB! Even with nothing open except the Finder!

Please tell me to do something or not to worry....or what may be the issue..or why it behaves this way..any advice would be great.

Thanks

2. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i have Aquamon as well, and the same thing happens to me. i've got 768MB RAM and i always seem to have 500MB of it in use.

i remember reading that if you quit an app and leave it for a couple of minutes then your usage will go down a bit.

i don't think it's anything serious to worry about, i hope.:rolleyes: :p :D

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

here's an article from a guide that i've got. this bit talks about RAM, i don't know if it will relate directly to your problem, but it's interesting. :)

4. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

5. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks man!...though im still not sure if i should worry or not...heh.

Glad to hear your having the same thing happen in Aquamon....thing is....even if i leave my comp with no open apps, for lets say, an hour......it still reads as +600 mbs of RAM used according to Aquamon.....i dont get it.

6. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

when i booted up this morning i looked at Aquamon and it said that 180MB RAM was used and i only had opened 3 apps and not used any of them. it doesn't slow anything down for me though, so i'm not worried.

at least my RAM never maxes out unless i'm doing some crazy big document in Photohop. (or not restarting in a week:p :D )