RAM, my 2 cents

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Omad0n, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Omad0n macrumors regular

I just wanted to give my 2 cents on RAM. I ordered some new ram on Sunday night at 7:30pm MST, and I got it today tuesday, and everything is going great. No shipping fee or anything. I don't think i ever saw the site shown here, but I would highly recommend you look around at other places then crucial for your ram.

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Kinda incomplete without saying where you bought your RAM from...

3. cwedl macrumors 65816

cwedl

when I order from crucial it comes through the next day, no problems, never had any failures. I never try to buy the cheapest ram because in some cases it will be rubbish and will not work, which has happened to be in many cases.

4. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

Yah I dont get why he posted if he isnt going to provide a link. If its good please post the liink. :)

5. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

6. iGary Guest

iGary

Been down the cheap road before myself...with kernel panics and failures...some have good success, but no thanks.

I've nerver had a Crucial stick go bad on me. Ever. I'll gladly pay a premium for piece of mind. I spend 13-15 hours a day in front of my machines, don't need the hassle.

To me it's kind of like putting a Walmart-branded oil filter in your 3-series BMW.

My two cents. :eek:

7. Omad0n thread starter macrumors regular

Oopa my bad, totally forgot to posat where I got it from. Kinda posted it when I got home from a date, and was jsut about to go to bed. Anyway I got the memory from memorygiant.com and had no trouble with it as of yet.