Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattMK45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
United Kingdom
What i would like your opinions on is what i should spend my money on first, upgrading my RAM preferably by at least a gig, or going for the 2 gig double whammy. OR... upgrade my old klunker of a hdd and put in a new one

Hopefully I will be able to upgrade both, however I want to know which will give me the most significant boost!

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
What i would like your opinions on is what i should spend my money on first, upgrading my RAM preferably by at least a gig, or going for the 2 gig double whammy. OR... upgrade my old klunker of a hdd and put in a new one

Hopefully I will be able to upgrade both, however I want to know which will give me the most significant boost!

Certainly it's easier to do the memory I suppose. You should feel a boost from memory upgrade. If it isn't too much, I'd MAX it out. That will make a pretty big difference depending what you're running now.

MattMK45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2009
United Kingdom
sweet, thanks for the advice!

I'm running on 512mb atm and am feeling the crunch so I always knew the leap to 2gb would be significant, i also like it how it is a great deal easier to upgrade over the hdd. The only thing is that the ram is damn expensive for my model these days

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.