RAM Reccomendations For new PM g5 2.5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Sratner, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Sratner macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2001
    Looking for reccomendations on where to purchase RAM for my new g5 tower (2.5 ghz). I want to get 2 gigs , i was looking at 1800 memory, where i have purchased before they have generic and samsung, with a pretty significant price difference. just curious if people have a better place to buy and or if they have experience with the two types of RAM.
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says....I would recommend searching the forum - there are countless "where to buy RAM" threads already....oh yeah!
  3. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

Nov 12, 2004
    Crucial all the Way!

Go with Crucial all the way. They have great prices and are VERY G5 friendly. You can also go to the Apple website where they will recommend other friendly RAM manufacturers such as RamJet and OWC. I prefer Crucial as I've never had any issues. If you go generic, you may be asking for problems as the G5's are very sensitive in terms of their RAM. Spend the extra few bucks and get quality and less headache!

As Duff-Man says...."Oh Yeah!"... :D
  4. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

Aug 5, 2003
    USA, New York
    I agree with the previous post, Crucial Memory is very reliable in price and performance. They are top notch and service is very good.