RAM Suggestion - 1GB For iBook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by zflauaus, Jun 12, 2006.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I think I've finally reached my limit. I'm tired of getting beach balls. I'm going to get a one gig stick of RAM. I don't really want to go through Crucial as they are quite expensive for my budget. I was looking at NewEgg and found a PNY stick for around $99. Anybody have good luck with PNY? If not, what other vendors besides Crucial and Kingston would you suggest?

2. California macrumors 68040

California

I'd recommend me. I have that stick of ram, perfect, lifttime Samsung warranty, took it out of my 1.42ghz iBook after using it for six weeks and selling the computer. Let me know. 99 plus shipping.

3. ammon macrumors regular

Stay far away from Geil!! I have never had so many problems in my entire life with a vendor!!

I have had PNY in Wintel boxes that ran pretty good. But never in a mac...

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

A wee Search will turn up many discussions and recommendations.

I recommend choosing a reputable vendor who tests and guarantees compatibility with your model Mac, offers a lifetime warranty, and a no-cost return (no restock charge) if it doesn't work.

(NewEgg doesn't guarantee compatibility on anything.) Buying Kingston is fine, as long as it is the KTA-PBG4266/1G or KTA-PBG4333/1G - no other 1Gb Kingston modules are guaranteed by Kingston in your machine, and specifically not the Kingston ValueRAM (KVA-) series.

Most often recommended USA vendors at MR are Crucial, OWC and Data Memory Systems

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

5. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

Heh heh... sorry CanadaRAM. I'm always ignorant of the search button. Sorry. Thanks for the suggestions Canada.

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I recommend DMS (Datamem.com). I always buy all my RAM there.