Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sethwerkheiser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I've tried searching this, but couldn't find anything.

I have a 12" iBook G4 1.07GHz and I want to upgrade the RAM from the base 256MB.

Crucial.com lists RAM for both the G4 1.0GHz and 1.2GHz.
Apple.com lists RAM for the G4 1.0Ghz and 1.2GHz.

Ummm... I'd rather buy from Crucial ($180 vs $300), but I need to know which type to buy. Any suggestions?

iSaint

macrumors 603
If you're asking for which computer to buy the RAM, buy the memory listed for the 1.0ghz iBook, that's what you have. Other than that I'm not sure of your question, really, since you seem to have found the memory options at Crucial.

ReanimationLP

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2005
On the moon.
This model is considered and called the iBook G4 1 GHz.

I dunno where honestly the extra .07 GHz came from. o.o

Its known by apple as the iBook G4 (Early 2004)

Oh, and in regards to your broken screen, I may have one up for sale shortly. Lemme know if your interested.

sethwerkheiser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
thank ya

Wow thanks guys. 1GHz ram, then. Super. That's what I needed to know.

And re: the broken screen... maaaybe. My inlaws have that computer now, so I'll let them know. PM a price if you can.

sethwerkheiser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Worked Great

Ordered 1GB of RAM last Thursday, got it Friday morning. Installed, and now my iBook is zipping along with 1.256GB of RAM. WHAT a difference! haha...

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Just curious as to why you bothered to upgrade the RAM in the 1Ghz iBook when the 1.2Ghz has double the HD and a faster processor? Do you use the 1Ghz instead?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.