Ram upgrade for 15.2" G4 Powerbook.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by brade, Mar 18, 2004.

1. brade macrumors newbie

Hi,

I know this is the not the first time this topic has come up, but I was wondering if anyone has any brand recommendations on a 1 GB strip of ram for a 15.2" G4 Powerbook?

In hindsight, I wish I had gone for the 1 GB option instead of the 512 MB (256 X 2) option when I bought my Powerbook -- hindsight is always 20-20 though ;)

Anyway, I'd love to hear of any good/bad experiences you've had with upgrading ram in a powerbook. I really want this upgrade to go as smoothly as possible.

Cheers,
    Brad

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Brad--

People here report good experiences (mostly) with Crucial, OWC, and Transintl. I've purchased RAM from Transintl for my Pismo which has worked perfectly and have a 512 stick on order for my 15".

Best,

Bob

3. brade thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. It seems that Crucial UK are not doing a 1 GB module at the moment. They appear only to be selling 512 MB and 256 MB modules. Bummer! ... I would like to go with Crucial for my memory upgrade if possible! However, I will check out OWC and Transintl as well..

Thanks..

/Brad

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Brad--

Sorry--didn't get you wanted a one gig stick. I looked at them, but they're bloody expensive, so I went with two 512 sticks. When 1 gig stick prices come down I'll think about doing them.... Everything I've heard is that PBs work really well on 1 gig--certainly my Pismo does!

Best,

Bob