RAM upgrades

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Jolly Jim, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Jolly Jim macrumors newbie

I'm just getting a new 1.25 Ghz 15 PB. Lucky me. I want to upgrade the RAM because I'm going to run Music software on it.

The resellers offering me £500 on top of the £2000 price which will bring the RAM up to 1.2GB. Does this sound good? Is it worth upgrading anyway? :confused:

I must know.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. Jolly Jim thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers.

That looks a heck of a lot cheaper, although the most you can buy is 512 chips so that means you couldn't get it up to 2GB if you wanted.

Is it easy to change yourself. I fear techno carnage if I get involved with the innards of laptops.

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

absolutely - Apple even has diagrams of how to do it on their "support" page.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i just bought from crucial to upgrade my pb, with 512! great stuff, came a week after i ordered, no kernel panicks, just dandy.

you can do it yourself, but if you are a little nervous u can pop into any apple reseller to do it for you, they charge a lot for the effort but if you really dont want to do it they are an option.

6. Jolly Jim thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks very much one and all. I guess to know more intimately the RAM slots of your computer is to love it all the more. And besides, nice though the resellers are, they are already getting a hefty hump of wedge. £500 is a ticket to Mexico City after all.