Ramjet.com

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dualburn001, May 17, 2002.

1. dualburn001 macrumors regular

What do you guys feel about Ramjet? I want to buy the 512MB SO-Dimm for my iMac thier, because it's considerably cheap for 115. Any one have any experiences with them, or anyone have good recommendations?

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Which iMac do you intend to plug this into??

If for the 333MHz and less, is it for the upper or lower slot?? You might want to confirm that before ordering since the ones for the upper slot are larger, and thus cheaper then the lower slot chips.

3. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Mohawk Memory is selling it for $115 too, so it's not "considerably cheap", it's in line. Check it at http://www.mohawkmem.com/store/merchant.ihtml?id=2418&step=2

I have had very good results from Mohawk, they stand behind what they sell. When you purchase memory from them, it comes with a lifetime warranty (the life of the computer, or the as long as it's in use). The warranty goes with the computer, so if you sell it, the memory is still covered (sell the computer that is). If you put the memory into a different computer, the warranty still applies (as long as it can use the memory chip).

5. dualburn001 thread starter macrumors regular

how much is shipping from mohawk memory to jersey?

6. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Depends on the shipping method... UPS Ground is in the area of $8. Since you are close, it would probably arrive in two days. I use UPS from them and get stuff the next morning (same state). Call them at 800-986-6429, ask for Travis and tell them that Adam recommended you call (tell that dog to give you a good price or I will have to gang up on him with Brit., he will know what I am talkin about :D).

7. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Alpha is right, Mohawk is the BOMB. I recently purchased 3-512 MB PC133 sticks from them, and each of them was perfect when it arrived. Upgraded shipping via Airborne Express is also pretty inexpensive. Mohawk sells a great product, and has great support from what I've seen. Highly recommended.

8. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent