random shutdown and firmware update

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by blackbunny, Nov 9, 2006.

1. blackbunny macrumors newbie

Hi, All of a sudden two days ago I began getting the random shutdown problem on my MacBook 2GHz Intel Duo core, which was manufactured in the 19th week of production. This is a brand new problem. I just installed the firmware to correct this, which I wasn't aware of until I went to software update. My question is, is this just a coincidence? Or is it possible that this was some warped way of letting me know that the update was availavble???:confused:

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Well Apple isn't going to go in and make your MacBook so it shuts off randomly, nor do they have the ability to do so.

Did you install the firmware update before or after you started having this issue? If it was before, then why did you install it? If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

If you've installed the firmware update and you still have the issues, then its time to take it in and have someone look at it. There may be something else wrong with it.

3. blackbunny thread starter macrumors newbie

firmware

I'm not a pinhead, Mister(or Ms) Patronizing! If I didn't have any problems I would not have installed the firmware to fix it, as I am cautious by nature and don't fix what ain't broke. The Random Shutdown started suddenly after flawless operation, and has not happened since the download...tho this ain't saying much as I have not used my MacBook much since the download. We'll see how this works out. I'll surely continue this thread if the problem continues.

4. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Look...all were trying to do here is help. Don't come in here being a dick and expect help from anyone.

Sorry if I came across as make you out to be an idiot. When someone posts a problem, we have no idea how experienced that person is, nor do I know what a person's intentions were when doing something, and/or why they did it.

Hopefully it doesn't do it anymore. The firmware update did seem to fix a lot of people's issues with the shutdowns, though not everyone was cured. But like I said before, Apple has no way of going into your computer to make it break or anything like that just so you know to look for and install a firmware update, or any update for that matter.