Random spinning color wheel

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by ///mdriver, Jan 4, 2004.

1. ///mdriver macrumors member

Sometimes I will randomly get the spinning color wheel when I hover the mouse above the right side of the toolbar.

It shows when I hover above the airport, battery, date/time, and volume.

Also, when I turn my volume up, the volume meter in the upper right doesn't adjust to show the change.

The only solution that I have found is a full restart.

2. ///mdriver thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. I unplugged my iPod from the dock, it said "Do not disconnect" but, it wasn't showing up on the desktop or iTunes, so I couldn't eject it.

Anway, taking the iPod off got rid of the spinning wheel, and I can edit the things that it was blocking now.:confused:

3. tonywalker23 macrumors regular

every now and then mine does it to. i am not really sure that i do anything it just goes away after a while. sometimes my ipod will say it is connected when it shouldnt and sometimes i plug it in and itunes and isync do not sync but they are sopposed to.

4. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

That whole array of menus on the right is called SystemUISe. If you type "top" into the terminal, you'll see it. I think it's a sloppy program. I always have so much trouble with it. A few weeks back, I'd constantly get the spinning beach ball when I'd move my cursor over it. Even after reinstalling, it'd still do it. I think Apple could definately improve upon it.