Random wall paper from a folder

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kimi, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Kimi macrumors regular

I use the random wall paper function to cycle though my wall papers, all 1472 of them... One every min, so that should be a different one every min of the day. Now going by the rules of statistics, I shouldn't be seeing the same one more than a few times a day. My problem is that that isn't the case. I see the same ones more that what would be normal if it was truly random. Is there a limit on how many cycle in one boot? Or is it just really really strange luck (too many zeros in the number to actually happen).

2. xtopher macrumors regular

xtopher

i think its just bad luck gettin all the 're-runs' if i may

3. ricksbrain macrumors regular

Actually, your view of stats is wrong. If you saw all the pics once before any repeats, that's a defined pattern. Randomness is really random and repeats happen often.

4. Kimi thread starter macrumors regular

No I understand stats, just typed that wrong. Change 'should' to 'could' and it works.

Going by I'm not at my computer 24/7, and that I'm not always looking at the wallpaper when I'm there. The chance that I see the same wall paper more than once or twice a day is extremely slim. So when I see the same ones on more than a few occasions, it makes me think there's something wrong with the randomness. Maybe I've got to re-select the options or something. Or I could just have really really strange luck.