Randy Moss shows his true face

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thomas Veil, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You see this yesterday?

[​IMG]

During the Vikings-Packers game, Randy Moss pretended to pull down his pants and moon the Green Bay fans.

What a jackass. I hope he gets suspended for this weekend's game, in addition to any fine he receives.

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

I saw that in the paper today. Disgusting. He's developing a bad habit for these types of things. I'd love to see him suspended next week against the Eagles.

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I didn't like it and I think he'll be fined for it. He won't be suspended for next week's game. The NFL have already lost T.O. for the publicity hype, they can't afford to lose the other top receiver in the game - and remember, after John Lynch's hit the week before, they actually announced that they try not to suspend for the playoffs.

But I think Joe Buck's reaction was a little OTT - it sounded like he actually thought Moss had mooned them. It was hardly the 'most disgusting thing he'd ever seen' - if so, he's had a very quiet life!

4. snkTab macrumors 6502a

snkTab

a joke i heard.

whats the difference between randy moss and a dollar.

you can still get four quarters from a dollar.

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Fine - probably
    Suspension - no way in h*ll

The NFL won't jeopardize the games over this.

It was more crude than the other stuff going on, but I don't like the trend in the NFL that leans more towards the NBA. Terrell Owens stunts, Joe Horn, etc. C'mon, lets play ball. Have fun, yes, but let's be professionals.

I can't see Steve Largent, Jerry Rice, et. al. doing this kind of stuff.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

6. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Take it easy.

Randy was taking a lot of guff from the Packers fans at Lambeau. They had incredibly rude signs and were heckling him the entire game. Randy was not being serious and it was only a joke. I think people need to take him with a degree of humor.

All of the media coverage over his walk-off was completely unwarranted and he did not deserve all the negative press beforehand.

And those FOX commentators are terrible. Here they are saying that Randy is disgraceful, disgusting and classless when only a week former they were plugging a show where an adopted woman had to chose from 20 men her biological father. They are hippocrites and not fit to comment on Randy.

GO VIKES. GO RANDY. IT'S OUR TIME.

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Agreed, the announcers are awful.

And I understand the Randy humor too, but he has to realize that he is on TV too! The viewers are a part of the private jokes on the field, but they do see what goes on when he does his "stuff". Its all perception, and he has to do his part.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

8. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

I don't think he is obligated to be what the people and critics want him to be. Only his friends and family truly know him and I don't think he cares what others think. Why should he care?

What he's doing is not nearly as bad as 80% of what else is on TV. I myself got a big kick out of the "incident." It was hilarious. And Not meant to hurt anybody.

9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I almost agree. I hate Randy Moss. He doesn't train as hard as most players and he seems not to really care about the game. But I have to say that this was funny. I was laughed my head off. He was getting ripped to no end on those signs and he probably got it even worse verbally. Its not like he jumped into the stands a beat up a bunch of people or thew a chair. HE DIDN'T EVEN REALLY MOON ANYONE. IT WAS A JOKE. The commentators have to lay off.

Here's where I disagree: The Birds are going to stomp the Purple <fill your own vulgar p-word here> :D

10. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Goes back to the whole 'role model' issue I suppose.

If the team owners don't care... nothing will be done.

I guess the difference with other stuff on the TV is that most tune it to watch a ball game, not the antics. I know I do. If want all of the other stuff, I'll watch the NBA (which I don't).

When it comes to ball games, I prefer workmanship over showmanship.
    But that's just me, I know others have differing opinions.

Woof, Woof - Dawg

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Sports are Entertainment. I perfer both, but only if workmanship comes first.

"If you don't want him celebrating, don't let him into the end zone" -- Deion Sanders.

12. AirUncleP macrumors regular

Randy Moss said he will do whatever he wants.

I wonder if he'll want to pay the fine he gets.

13. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The signs and heckling are there because Randy Moss has shown a propensity to pull stunts like this in the past. He often doesn't play hard unless he is the intended receiver, heck, last week he walked off of the field as they were losing to Washington. If the signs bother him so much that he feels the need to respond then maybe he should look at his past behavior to realize why he is ridiculed so much.

Jerry Rice, Daunte Culpepper, Brett Favre and many other players don't get heckled and ripped on nearly as much because they have shown class. They don't pull stunts like this.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Randy Moss should be ashamed of himself. A disrespect of the fans. He should not play the next game and pay at least a $50,000 fine. Society should not tolerate actions like this.

15. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Exactly. If Randy Moss wants to get respect from the fans, all he has to do is stop behaving like a jerk. Everything isn't all about him.

16. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Exactly, its only half about him. The other half is about TO. :rolleyes:

Woof, Woof - Dawg

17. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Who says he wants to get respect from the fans? Even though I hate him, I think he's happy the way he is.

18. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

I don't see what the big deal is. If your 12 year old son mooned some friends you wouldn't be upset, but you get upset about randy moss pretending to moon people? Let the man goof around. I think people are just jealous of his gift. They want him to do what they would do if they had the skills he has. Well, it's his life. If he is happy being a goofball or screwing with people's heads, well that's fine as long as he isn't physically hurting them. If the NFL wants to play to their family/conservative viewership then they can get rid of him, but it seems to me that he is exactly the kind of guy the NFL makes a killing on. Before you criticize him, ask yourself why that is.

19. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I didn't find his action particularly offensive in this case. I just find the antics that he, TO and others do childish. I'm all for enthusiasm, fun and energy in the game, but what they do seems to be demeaning and self promoting in a team sport.

To each his/her own. That's just my preference.

I get just as disgusted when somebody makes a sack...
    and then spends 30 seconds acting like a goon,
    especially when they are behind by 2 TDs!

Woof, Woof - Dawg

PS - As a side note... The Georgia defensive coordinator, Brian Van Gorder just signed on to be the Jacksonville Jags linebacker coach. Hate to see him go. He's awesome.

20. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Its all about getting paid. Many players have to self-promote to get the real cash.

Case-in-point: Warren Sapp. Have you looked at his carrer stats? Is nothing more than an average player. Why did he get a 7-year $36 million contract? It aint for his skills--its for is self promoting.

The NFL has created this monster and its a damn shame they blame it on the players.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I didn't think anything of it until Joe Buck said this is a disgrace and im sorry it was caught by our cameras, sounds like Fox is afraid of the FCC. Did anyone see the postgame interview when they had to bleep Moss.

22. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I did see that and that was uncalled for. If the story was about that, this would be easier to swallow.

Speaking of Joe Buck. He can do those Leon commercials (which I love by the way) where they support this me first attitude, yet he complained more than anyone. You can't have it both ways Joe.

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I don't like Randy Moss, he has a bad attitude and sometimes he just doesn't have any sportsmanship.

But I think that the broadcasters blew the whole thing way out of proportion. It was a bit funny, maybe not in the BEST taste but really this whole "we fear the FCC and it's hyperconservativism" thing has gone too far. Like somebody already pointed out, you've got all this crap reality TV going on which is FAR worse in terms of moral behavior. The only time NFL games become problematic is when you feature idiot pop stars in the halftime shows.

I think that Moss walking off the field is worse than the "mooning".

24. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Here's an idea for the TV Stations: Don't show the post touchdown celebration for certain players like Moss or T.O. Simple enough.

25. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Why? Many people think they are fun. Here's an idea: Maybe people should stop being so sensitive.