RANT: I got a Wii! But it is just Mii!

Discussion in 'Games' started by wako, Nov 19, 2006.

1. wako macrumors 65816

The consoles are PLENTIFUL in my area. In some store it didnt sell out immediately like the PS3. And truth be told, that is just great!

However, now Im trying to look around this whole damn city (Washington, DC) looking for a second controller! WTF?! I goto EBGames, and now their telling me I have to PRE-ORDER A CONTROLLER?! Mind you, there is a LIST.

Nintendo in my opinion screwed up somewhere here. In all the console systems I have gotten, I had NEVER had a problem finding a second controller! Never had ever seen more consoles then controllers! The EBGames I bought from had 40 some units. They had less then half of that for the controller (They actually had more of the nunchuck, then the Wiimote!).

Now Im forced to play the Wii with just Mii :'(

2. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Sorry about the lack of a second controller. Enjoy the one you have and be glad the consoles were plentiful in your area b/c I could not find one for myself nor could my nephews get one today. They sold out quickly everywhere around here.

3. Virtualball macrumors 6502

Yeah my Target had ~10 controlers and 33 consoles. Also, at the end of the day, there was one nunchuck left, so someone out there bought a remote and not a nunchuck XD

4. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Wii is WAYYYYY more targeted towards the multiplayer aspect than any of the other systems.

5. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I shopped all morning and came up empty-handed. :(

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Hehe...I actually posted here when I preordered my Wii about how the GameStop manager told me he expected controllers to be in short supply, and I had preordered 3 extra Wii remotes.

Everyone told me that was a bunch of speculation and to ignore it.

*snickers*

Wii Sports with four people is AWESOME.

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yeah, controllers and other accessories were more or less sold out everywhere I looked.

8. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

This is the same in my area. I managed to snag 2 extra Wii Remotes, but no more nunchucks. I would really like to have them (Boxing, Super Monkey Ball), but every single store in town is sold out, and has been almost immediately after allowing them to be purchased.

Bad move, Nintendo. I've never even heard of a controller shortage before on launch. I thought it was suppose to be about Wii(we). . . .

9. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The PS3 had a controller shortage; Best Buy had less controllers than systems available.

10. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Fair enough. I wasn't really paying attention to the PS3 (or XBox 360, for that matter).

11. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

12. steelfist macrumors 6502a

don't worry, in a few days, or about more than a week, the controlers will be plentiful. a console launches aren't always uniform and organized.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Thank you, guinea pigs :D I shall pre-order myself a controller and nunchuck adapter before launch!

14. barrysfarm macrumors regular

The local Circuit City had 25 consoles (i was #24 in line) and had exactly 2 extra controllers and 1 nunchuck. One person bought them all. We couldn't find any more any where else.

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

... I wasnt thinking exactly the same, honest.

16. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

hey I got mine in DC too... I wouldn't claim it was plentiful but some people didn't know where to look! I showed up a little before Costco opened and I was fourth in line (not to mention the guy who blatantly just walked right up between where I was standing with my wife and the guy in front of us, wtf?)... they had 24 units... when the store opened there wasn't even 24 people in line yet. Best Buy directly next door had people camping and the line was extremely long. I guess either none of them were Costco members or they forgot about Costco directly next door. (By the way the guy who ditched us wasn't a member so I still claimed my fourth spot!).

Anyway my point... I also checked four other stores after getting it and everybody sold out of the remotes. So its also just Mii playing with my Wii. boo!

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It is done! Along with the family Wii for Christmas I am getting my own controller+nunchuck+classic controller and Twilight Princess :)
    I don't really have much to buy now. Unless big iPods now support FireWire (I heard they dropped it?) there really is nothing else I want.

18. white89gt macrumors regular

The place I got my Wii had 12 consoles and 1 extra controller...which the first guy in line bought. I wasn't dissappointed though, I didn't have the cash for it anyway.

19. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

I was reading a gaming blog earlier, and it seems Im not the only person having trouble finding another controller. This is frankly pissing me off. But I guess I should be greatful taht I atleast have a system unlike some of you :p

20. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Shut up man. I tried to get a Wii at a 24-hour WalMart but no luck. I'm in a small town so I didn't think there would be much of a line. When I got there I was told they had 20 and all 20 were claimed by 1:00. So I showed up about 9 1/2 hours late.

21. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

did you try the stores that were least expected to have anything? compusa? costco? target? sams club? etc

22. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Just incase you are wondering. EB having a list is VERY illegal. The EB closest to me had a list for preordering the Wii and the DM told them to get rid of it because it was illegal.

And there are a hell of a lot of controllers in my area. Just not nunchucks

We have four controllers and three nunchucks.

Damn :/

23. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Wait...why?

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

It is done. Just ordered a fully kitted out Wii setup (Controller+Nunchuck+Classic) for a dangerous amount of money, and Twilight Princess. I've got till the 24th of December to start collecting my Wii accessories and games :D I managed to get Rogue Leader and a 3rd party controller before I got my actual Gamecube, I must do better this time :D

25. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

I'm going to call around to a few places today and see if I can't find one.